Working Now and Then Undergraduate Scholarship
Working Now and Then is a resource on employment law and workers’ rights. The site provides detailed information on workplace discrimination, sexual harassment, wage theft, and other employment violations. Charles Joseph, the founder of Working Now and Then, also founded Joseph & Kirschenbaum LLP, a New York firm that has recovered more than $140 million for workers.
In order to encourage future employment lawyers, the Working Now and Then Undergraduate Scholarship awards $1,000 annually to an undergraduate student considering a career in law.
In addition to the undergraduate scholarship, Working Now and Then also offers a scholarship for incoming and current law students. Visit the Charles E. Joseph Employment Law Scholarship page for more information.
- Applicants must be currently attending or accepted to an accredited college or university.
- Applicants must upload an unofficial transcript and a resume.
- All applicants must submit an original 750-word essay.
- Applicants should use the form at the bottom of this page, available from September 1st-December 1st, to submit unofficial transcripts, a resume, and their 750-word essay. After submitting their complete application, applicants will receive a confirmation email with 72 hours.
- Charles E. Joseph and his team will review the submissions and evaluate applicants on the basis of academic merit, future career promise, and the originality and persuasiveness of their essay.
- The winner and any honorable mentions will receive email notification by December 15.
Deadline: December 1, 2021
750-word essay guidelines:
Applicants should submit a 750-word essay on the following topic: “What are the biggest challenges facing workers’ rights in the future?” The essay can consider current events, social movements, historical developments, or any other aspect of workers’ rights. Working Now and Then will publish the winning essay and honorable mentions on its site.
The application window will be open from September 1, 2021 until December 1, 2021. Winners will be notified by December 15, 2021.
Submit your application below.
Feel free to add a brief cover letter introducing yourself. The submission form only accepts pdfs for your unofficial transcript, resume, and essay.
If you do not receive a confirmation email within 3 days or you are unable to submit via the form, contact us directly at email@example.com.